1. River hydro-morphology: Main hydro-morphological processes and concepts; measurement of hydro-morphology.
2. Rivers as ecosystems: Human impacts and their types; climate change impacts; species (mainly fish) and habitats; connectivity; reconnecting European rivers together (AMBER Project).
3. Data collection and field techniques: standardized sampling methods (e.g. electrofishing, habitat mapping, River Habitat Survey); field trip to the upper Kifissos River.
4. Ecological aspects of dams: Ecological impacts and dam management. Fish passes and their design.
5. Simulation models: CFD and habitat modelling; the Mesohabitat Simulation Model (MesoHABSIM); Environmental flows; case studies.
6. River restoration techniques: Analysis of alternatives; development of a River Restoration Plan; case studies.